Let’s clear up a few misconceptions, microdermabrasion is not a chemical peel.
Does not leave the epidermis red, swollen or in pain and you are able to wear makeup immediately after and return to work without anyone lifting a brow. Microdermabrasion is likely to have been the best and most important skincare treatment/tool ever created.
History of the Procedure:
- The concept of facial resurfacing dates back to 1500 BCE, when Egyptians reportedly used sandpaper to improve scars. In the early 1900s, dermabrasion was developed to promote skin rejuvenation and was modified to its modern form in the 1950s.
- I’ve always believed it’s important to exfoliate the dead cells before having any other skincare treatment, and to note...microdermabrasion can be combined with facials...with microdermabrasion as the first step after cleansing also, It’s not unheard of to combine chemical peels with microdermabrasion when necessary.
- When it comes to anti aging, the removal of dead cells reveal brighter, softer healthier looking skin preparing the skin for retinol and stem cell products.
- Once skin cells are unblocked from pollution, free radicals and dirt, skincare products have the ability to do the job you actually purchase them to perform traveling deeper & quicker into epidermis.
- With oils having the ability to go the deepest, serums are second in level of absorption while hyaluronic acids lay just below the surface of the skin.
- After microdermabrasion the epidermis excepts skincare products graciously, creating a glowing dewing appearance.
- For cell turnover have microdermabrasion once every 3-4 weeks, any sooner could cause irritation, sensitivity and remove your natural oils which are necessary to keep fine lines and wrinkles from appearing aggressive treatments can actually cause wrinkles and fine lines!
SPF matters...before having microdermabrasion the use of daily SPF is extremely important, the sun causes 90% percent of the damage to the epidermis, blocking the affects of the sun should be a priority in your regiment before all else!
After microdermabrasion is performed skin is left a bit vulnerable to sun damage, it’s important not to spend periods of time directly in the sun. Now you’re ready to enjoy waking up to more beautiful brighter softer skin.